Monday, May 23, 2011

Validation

The week of February 22-25 2011 had been a horrible at week, conflicts with a coworker is never fun and feeling like no one gets me or that when I seek out support from my superiors they don’t offer me the support I wanted.

The reality is I can’t change others I have to work on myself to be the best person I can be and appreciating my family who should never soak in my negative energy . I overcame my issue by working out which is challenging I want the results of a leaner body but don’t want to work for it refer to my previous post about this goal and writing. As an aspiring writer I think getting an agent/publisher will validate me but I had an awakening I don’t need that validation I AM A WRITER! I struggle to write no matter what I endure in the real world even if I don’t accomplish my writing goal of 1000-1200 words a day,I still write something which most of the time will be revised or deleted. Being a Child and Youth Worker is difficult giving so much yet at times I feel I don’t get anything back but then a client will come to me and let me know how much they appreciate what I have done for them and that makes me get happy that even though I may not hear it, often I do make a difference. That’s similar to writing it takes a lot of hard work for me to gain knowledge about the craft putting myself out in the literary world knowing many rejections will occur before I get a validation but I know that if I dedicate time, effort that is my validation.

No comments:

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...