Monday, May 23, 2011

Crutches/Voice

Deep in revisions my editor brought to my attention the crutches I use in my manuscript The first is the body language, I tend to have my characters run their fingers through their hair, in addition, I use begin and started a lot. So the question is what crutches do you use when you write? I have made note of my crutches and try to catch myself as I edit. I also bought the wonderful BODY LANGUAGE FOR DUMMIES by Elizabeth Kuhnke which has helped me utilize various body language but its more than that once you know your characters their body language should be authentic to them. I am also watchful of my voice which is emotional/edgy/dark. My prose is using realistic situations within my fiction world.

Agent Rachelle Gardner talked about voice on her blog, which helped me finally understand what voice means in relation to writing.

http://cba-ramblings.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-is-writers-voice.html

No comments:

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...