Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reviews




Reviews is one of the scary things for writers, its subjective just like most things i.e agents wish list/publishers wish list what I don't understand is why someone would critique an arc? An arc still needs tweaking before the release date, and arcs can work or go against a writer.

Since deciding I wanted to become a writer my skin is thick like an alligator's skin, when I resume querying (and resume the turbulence in my stomach) eventually hopefully before I am forty I will get my yes.

Back to my topic on reviews, the only thing an author can do is to take it with a grain of salt and move on and write, and write not everyone in the world will like a book and that's why book stores are flooded with a eclectic array of books, the journey is rough but the great moments should be savoured and always repeat the reason you chose to be a writer is because you love it with your heart and soul.


No comments:

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...