Monday, August 8, 2011

Inspiration

The greatest joy that I have experienced lately is my ten year old telling me she wants to become a writer, even discussing querying (I almost fell to the floor) and started writing a middle grade book (I fell to the floor.) I have always been the type of mother that encouraged my children to believe in themselves and they can do whatever they set their heart to, and although they know I am obsessively at times working on honing my craft I never pressure them to follow my path or let writing get in the way of spending time with them. My writing time is on weekend after everything is done and during the ten months I work it's at night when they are in bed. I am thrilled and I don't think its something she is focus on now I really believe she is serious about writing her first book.

So have you inspired anyone to write?

No comments:

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...