Friday, January 11, 2013

Nostalgia

The term nostalgia describes a sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. The meaning of the word above has been significant as of late, seems life sometimes decides to give me a huge kick in the shin and taunt me about it...alright a bit melodramatic, the truth. I want happiness. The same way I want happiness for my imaginary characters however, a great writer who hones his her craft knows in order to do that suffering must happen, but the reality is I know that in order to grow my experiences although painful at times will make me a better individual and also happiness cannot be appreciated unless I am in the moment I can't hope, wish for it when it happens that is when it will make sense. My happiness hopefully will come in the form of getting a great agent/published but aside from that my true happiness that gets ignored sometimes is the air in my lungs and the love that I receive from my loved ones.

No comments:

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...