Friday, April 19, 2013

When bleep happens

The easy part of being a writer is having fun making my characters go through various bleep situations and eventually achieve their obstacles but real life doesn't go like that because I have come to realize I cannot control people in reality the same way sometimes I cannot control my characters when they demand the arc of the story to progress a different route. I have decided that I want to be published and in order to get there I have to train myself to focus which coincides with my previous post gaining discipline. So I hope to have established a better regime and get on track with writing and also not letting stress of other people affect my productivity. Keisha Martin

4 comments:

Cindy R. Wilson said...

A lot of people don't realize how much discipline comes with being a writer, and how much work it truly is. Fortunately, with all the information out there, and a wonderful writing community, there are so many people to help us learn and grow. Good luck with your manuscript!

Keisha Martin Romance Writer said...

Thank you Cindy for commenting on my post, your right it is a great community to be part of.

Carol Riggs said...

What an excellent goal. Yes, writing does take a lot of discipline and hard work, along with a splash of talent perhaps. HA, on controlling people in life vs controlling characters in stories. You'd THINK it'd be easier to control characters, but they take on a life of their own sometimes!

Keisha Martin Romance Writer said...

Carol,
Thank you so much for regularly commenting on my random post, I am honing my own splash of talent, and also negotiating with my characters to cooperate a tad lol.

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...