Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back to business...seeking a literary agent

I am back, fiercer than ever to not make the same mistakes as I did in early March 2010. I sent the most absurd info to agents crazy; word count way past my genre, lets see forgot to space an amazing agents name, or a complete dolt when I sent query to agents that hate YA/Vampire so I have made so many mistakes which was necessary for me to move forward. Here is my helpful hints...well these are more my reminders.
****FINISH YOUR MANUSCRIPT*****
* Know your genre everything about it until it becomes like a third arm
*Word count unless you are a well known author stick to the standard word count as per your genre/non fiction you get my drift
* No gimmicks just shoot the straight and narrow in regards to query letter unless you luck out and someone referred you
*Toughen up it's a subjective business if you fall apart now, stop now it'll get worse...especially critique and rejections
*Edit/revision/edit/revision/edit...
Don't think about other authors who have made it, don't judge them they got published for a reason, and to experience the quest of publishing be humble and have faith in your writing, you know it's awesome dont ever forget that

Last this is my best affirmation to my self...I will remain positive and one day hopefully in my case before I am fourty which I am no where near that age.... an agent will say YES !!! and request the whole MS.


Happy writing=D

No comments:

Life

  Silence.   Scream.    Couldn't utter a word but what was felt.   Darkness clutching the throat.  The threat of the freight train crash...